Volunteer Opportunity: Mentor
The Hire MI Vet (HMV) Mentorship Program provides individualized career readiness support for Veterans, focusing on resumes, cover letters, networking, interviewing, elevator speech, and job search assistance. This volunteer position will consist of joining a team of professional mentors that create/update resumes for Veterans in south-eastern Michigan and northwest Ohio areas. Military skills and experience need to be translated into a civilian resume.
Currently, HMV has 15 active mentees divided between 6 mentors. Due to Covid-19, the work will be conducted with the Veteran virtually.
Expectations for Mentor
- Provide services under the perspective of unconditional positive regard
- Will follow established guidelines of the mentorship program
- Attend Monthly Zoom meetings for mentors
- Be committed to the Hire MI Vet mission to assist Veterans in gaining meaningful employment
- Are not expected to be experts, but do have direct experience with Veterans and/or job preparation to the point to which they can confidently provide accurate service
- Do not have to be a Veteran
Estimated hours per week: 3-4
If interested: email Curt Behlow at email@example.com